Friday, March 1, 2013

Homemade Cereal Recipe (Deliciousss)

So remember the list of things I made to remove from my life and carry me on to a more sustainable lifestyle? Well number 2 is well on its way to being crossed off! I just made très yummy homemade cereal from a recipe I found on Willow Bird Baking.


I did some mods since I used finely ground nuts (peanuts, almonds and cashews) instead of the nut based flour and I am thinking that it absorbs more liquid in that form. I actually had to use exactly twice as much milk and water to make it liquid enough (because as it mentions in the recipe, the "dough" has to be real wet). I also decided to add about two teaspoons of honey.
Best of all: They can stay in milk for quite a period and not get all soggy (err...soggy cereal...)



My next plan is to try some vegan ones and then go on to adding some dried fruit, coconut and try different shapes. Soon, my experimentations will be thorough enough for me to feel like I can cross it off my list. I'm high on life and homemade cereal right now (a.k.a. I'm really excited that these cereals worked out and that they taste excellent... I didn't actually put anything "special" in them)!

Try it yourself and I swear you'll be kicking that overly sugary, overly packaged pre-made breakfast cereal to the curb in no time! FINALLY something addictive AND healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment