Friday, May 31, 2013

Chocolate Mousse Raspberry Ice Cappuccino and it's VEGAN

Folks, brace yourselves. I present to you the Chocolate Mousse Raspberry Ice Cappuccino with VEGAN WHIPPED CREAM (and well really, the rest is vegan too). It was honestly an accident recipe. The thing is, I had refrigerated a cup of coffee in hopes of making an ice cap (not figuring out at that point that I should have just made frozen expresso cubes), but when I got to it, I realized there was no ice to grind... and I wanted it NOW. The only thing else that was frozen were the raspberries, so in they went!


But then hold on... Raspberries and plain expresso doesn't sound fantastic... and that's when the cacao powder happened. Two tablespoons en plus! Then I went for about two tablespoons of vegan whipped cream (that I will explain after the image) and some rice milk. Then everything got processed in my trusty Ninja blender. It ended up tasting like a drinkable chocolate raspberry mousse cake. Mhhhhh.



Vegan whipped cream is the easiest thing ever (and incredibly cheaper to make). The pitfall is that you've got to like coconut because though the texture is nearly seamless with cow cream, the taste is different. You just need to get a can of coconut milk and put it in the fridge preferably overnight, or for multiple hours, so that the fat goes all on top. When you open the can, the whipped cream is already almost made, that's how thick it should be. Scrape the fatty part and put it in a bowl. You can add vanilla and sugar to taste or leave it plain then beat it with an electric mixer.

To get that luxurious ice cappuccino look and feel, just pass the whipped cream through an icing piper and sprinkle some cacao on top. Yayayay! It's done!

No comments:

Post a Comment