Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Tortured Stomach Calls For Detox Smoothie

I haven't got much in my fridge today but what I do have is a grave need of stomach detox. So here's the deal: Yesterday I went to Chez Boris on Park Avenue and had a… (brace yourselves) Deep Fried Doughnut Guacamole Grilled Pepper Sandwich. SHRIEK!! You read that right. Rich guacamole sandwiched between two deep fried doughnuts. Now, this may seem like THE awesomeness of the planet (and rest assured, my taste buds thought likewise) but my stomach was all like @*#&$^!%)$%^!!! this morning.


So okay, I scanned the contents of my fridge for some relief and I found it in the form of carrots and raspberries. Carrots do wonders in terms of vitamins and berries are known for their antioxidant properties (and Lord knows my body could use some antioxydization right now)


It's a very simple mix and has 3 portions of fruit and veggies in it. Basically, put a...
  • cup of cubed carrots (usually 1 large one will suffice)
  • 1/2 cup of frozen raspberries
  • 1/2 cup of fruit juice of your choice (I suggest citrus-y or tropical-y ones)
  • 1/4 cup enriched non-dairy milk (vitamin B12!!!)
  • one ripe banana.
So there it is. I promise I'll upload the recipe for those other iced coffee/smoothies I talked about in my other post, but today, as weird as it may sound, I was not up for any rich, sweet, cake-like things in my stomach...

Bonne semaine ! 

Ps. Allez tous au vernissage des finissants d'arts plastiques ce soir au Cegep St-Laurent à 19h !

No comments:

Post a Comment